Sometimes people ask me my opinions on:
- Social media
- Civic media
- Online censorship
- Digital strategy for higher ed (including MOOCs)
I’m usually available at contact [at] cpeterson [dot] org.
In The Press:
- College Confidential: A Field Guide (Chronicle of Higher Education, April 2013)
- Colleges Assess Cost of Free Online-Only Courses (New York Times, March 2013)
- Social Media Explosion (Congressional Quarterly Researcher, January 2013)
- SandyCrashPads: Couchsurfing To Make The Hurricane’s Aftermath More Manageable ( FastCompany, October 2012).
- Content Blocked: Students Combat Anti-Piracy Bills (The Ithacan, January 2012). See also my related Why We Blacked Out The Blogs on MITAdmissions.org.
- The Medium is the Message: Should a College Call, Text or Tweet?” (New York Times, September 2011)
- Why Did Facebook Block UK Strike Website? (Mother Jones, June 2011)
- Cyber Socializing (Congressional Quarterly Researcher, September 2010)
- Why Facebook is Wrong: Privacy is Still Important (ReadWriteWeb, January 2010)
- A Closer Look at Facebook’s New Privacy Options (June 2009, New York Times)
- Radio Berkman 127: Video Killed the Video Star (Debriefing of the 2009 Open Video Conference)
- Radio Berkman Debate: Is Twitter A Revolution? (Debriefing the Twitter Debate)